Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
On Fri, 22 Nov 2002 11:50:06 +0000
Bob Raymond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I believe vi was included on the 1.4rc1 "live cd," but whether it was actually merged- 'emerge -s vi' or 'emerge -s vim' should do the trick.

I saw the comment about vi, but it was not really there during install.
nano works for this.

After the install, I did an 'emerge vi' and was happy it did what I
expected. I did not use the -s option. I think I may actually want vim, as I
have gotten used to some of the key strokes supported (page-up key instead
of ^B). It may also just be the .exrc file for vi in the gentoo build is not
as advanced as the one for vim in my 'other' distro.

All of which is irrelevant, I guess.

The -s option is for "search." BTW, vim for Gentoo needs a *huge* amount of dependencies- X, gtk, etc.