On Fri, 22 Nov 2002 16:13:21 +0000
Bob Raymond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
> > On Fri, 22 Nov 2002 14:37:36 +0000
> > Bob Raymond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>The -s option is for "search."  BTW, vim for Gentoo needs a *huge*
> >>amount of dependencies- X, gtk, etc.
> >

> > Probably not much more than KDE, which I am hoping will be ready when I
> > get home. Then, tonight, it will be GNOME's turn. Followed by OpenOffice
> > (which I have not checked for  but would be surprised if it is not
> > available.
>
> If you choose to compile OpenOffice from source, start it when you get
> up in the morning- it took about 12 hrs. on my Athlon 1.4 with 512mb
> RAM, and about 14 hrs. on my pianist's P4 1.8 with 256mb RAM.
>
> > I added kdm as the login manager in the rc.config script. I can't wait
> > to see if it is easy or hard to get that working after KDE is built.
>
> Easy.  'rc-update add xdm default'
>
> > Would you happen to know if it is straight forward to install win4lin on
> > a gentoo system? I took the vanilla kernel (cowardly, I know), but I
> > wanted to be sure that the NVidia drivers and the win4lin drivers
> > worked!
>
> Absolutely no idea.  I don't have anything Win4Lin or NVidia, and I'm
> only using 2.5.xx kernels now.  What fs are you using?

Win4Lin is only because my wife's bank uses some stupid software security
dodad with explorer to allow on-line banking. My bank is a bit smarter.
(Her bank? My bank? Such is Sweden. We also have "Our bank")

I use ext3. I was once burned by ReiserFS.

--
| Roger Oberholtzer          |   E-mail:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] |