On June 8, 2002 06:09 am, Collins wrote:

> > > glibc-2.2.5-r4
> >
> > Okay. That's glibc. What about gcc (gcc --version)?
>
>  gcc-2.95.3-r5

A well seasoned programmer from Arctic Data Corp came over and after running
some test code he uses claims that its not a fault of kdelibs but rather gcc
that is having the problems. To back his claim he compiled the very same
kdelibs-3.0.1 on his laptop (RH 7.3) using a more recent gcc and all went
well. I then compiled it on Mandrake 8.1 with gcc   2.96-0 and did not have
any problems. I would assume its time to upgrade gcc on my gentoo install.

--
Ted Ozolins (VE7TVO)
Westbank, B. C.