On 1/21/2003 10:51 AM, someone claiming to be Collins Richey wrote:
[ snips ]

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 19:17:51 -0500
Jerry McBride <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 17:17:31 -0500 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I have a RH 8  box and want to up the kernel to 2.4.20.

The latest kernel are patch-2.4.20.gz. I am used to
linux-2.4.x.tar.gz.
Keith, where ever you found the patches, there will be complete kernel
source tarballs.

As far as compiling a new kernel, the steps in the kernel compile sxs
are still accurate.
That said, have fun. Kernel 2.4.20 has been quite nice.

Just a side note here, gentoo are reporting that ide bugs with ...20
kernels is one of the items to be resolved before releasing gentoo
1.4_final.   I don't have any further details, but I'm staying with
..19+ until further notice.  By doing so, I also missed out on the EXT3
bugs.

I've also read that kernel 2.4.20 may not compile with gcc 3.2 that's supplied by RedHat in 8.0. I'd be interested in knowing if Keith gets it compiled and working.

Regards,
Tim