"Computer Operating Systems", Andrew Tannebaum. haha... that's over 10 years ago for me. Already forgotten the name of the book that came with Minix. "The Minix Operating System"?

Back then, we hacked the scheduling algorithm of an peusdo-OS called KMOS (written in Pascal) in a book by xxxx Milenkoric, published by Macmiliam. Too bad that the degree course didn't believe in Minix if not Unix (Linux was not heard of back then).

I just wondered whether the "scratch" in linuxfromscratch is the real ground zero.

Anyway, I think Tannebaum still teaches.  Send him or
Linux an email,they might be able to send you a reply,
with the attached original minix source :)
--
Swiftly. Silently. Invisibly.  .~.   In Linux We Trust.
news://news.hkpcug.org        / v \  http://www.linux-sxs.org