"Net Llama!" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>On 01/29/03 17:59, tom wrote:
>> I would stay away from RH or Mandrake, since the compilier
>> is now non-GNU, and is somewhat troublesome on the
>> edition after 7.0, without severe patching.
>
>Huh?  Where did you get that idea?

Uhm, well,  I don't know.  :)

Maybe I meant that they use a heavily modified patched
version to create their OS.

- Maybe since REDHAT went to create their own
customised patch of the GNU GCC compiler of 2000, that
doesn't work.

- Maybe in the commented documentation of the Linux
2.2.17 kernels and above Makefiles, the RH web site,
and the RH docs, which specify the client to build a kernel
to employ the kgcc compiler instead.

http://www.redhat.com/docs/errata/RHL-7-Manual/

2/3rds of the way down, the recommendations to build a
kernel simply states that, on the website.

The errata documentation notes applies for versions
7.0, 7.1, 7.2 , 7.3 8.0.

I should be more clear.  Sorry about that....

---tm---
Linux Registration Number; 184093,
http://counter.li.org