On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 10:11:20PM -0500, dep wrote:
>Unix developer The SCO Group has filed a law suit against IBM,
>charging it with misappropriation of trade secrets, unfair
>competition and other illegal actions related to IBM's Linux
>business. The suit seeks at least US$1 billion in damages.

Sounds to me like the flea running up the elephant's leg with rape on his
mind.  Perhaps SCO's management thinks that IBM will pay them off just for
the nuisance value, but my guess is that SCO is committing corporate
suicide.  I wonder if SCO would be pursuing this if IBM was still selling
their Linux systems.

IBM is not stranger to law suits, and has far greater resources to fight
this than SCO has to pursue the suit.

The lawyer-slime will of course benefit from this on both sides.

Bill

``Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within
limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within
the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and
always so when it violates the rights of the individual.''
    -Thomas Jefferson