On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 12:30:39 +0000 "Robert E. Raymond"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm curious as to what options you have in your XF86Config, and whether SSE
> really makes that much of a difference:

It's not real fancy, but here's a clip from my XF86Config file:

Section "Module"
    Load        "dbe"
    Load        "speedo"
    Load        "freetype"
    Load        "xtt"
    Load       "glx"
    Load       "dri"

EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "Radeon 8500LE"
    Driver      "radeon"
    VideoRam    65536
    Option      "accel"
    option      "backingstore"
    option      "AGPFastWrite"  "1"
    option      "EnablePageFlip" "1"
    option      "AGPmode"       "4"
EndSection

I'm still experimenting with compile options in host.def with xc 4.30 sources.
So far... the best performance has been with the default host.def file... a null
length file... Go figure.