On 7/9/03 23:28, "Ken Moffat" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I didn't know comcast was so stable. I was talking to someone yesterday
> who was told by comcast that the ip might change without notice on his
> next reboot. (He wanted to set up a web server)
>
> I searched for DynDNS and found a page of clients that you can run to
> notify them of changes.

Comcast service varies by location, some parts of their service area very
unstable while others are extremely stable.  My IP has not changed since
Comcast took over the @Home service in my area.

The only problem is that they frown on servers like Kurt said unless you get
the Pro level service.

--

Ray Russell
Mac OS X 10.2.6