Quoth Bill Campbell:
> On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 09:46:46PM -0400, Kurt Wall wrote:
> >Hola, list,

[Cable -> DSL]

> >The challenge, though, it to keep KurtWerks accessible through the
> >transition, and I'm not quite sure how to handle that, or even if
> >it possible. I'm open to suggestions
>
> It would seem to me that you could just give DynDNS the IP address of your
> DSL connection.  I've never played with their service as our customers
> who're on cable have cron jobs that notify me if their IP changes so I can
> change their DNS here manually.

>From Ronnie:

> Get your new server running, point your DynDNS at the new IP. Change
> the nameservers at the registar to your new IP only after the new server
> is running stable. After a few weeks you can get rid of DynDNS as
> everything will be as propagated as it will get. Should keep you
> uninterupted.

[James made a similar suggestion]

Bingo! It was the order in which to do things that was eluding me.

I'm a reasonably bright guy, but at times I find myself overwhelmed by
options and, when pressed for time (I posted my plaintive cry for help
before leaving town for the weekend), unable to analyze the approach
rationally.

Thanks, Bill, Joel, Ronnie, Ken, Tim, and James.

Kurt
--
Emerson's Law of Contrariness:
        Our chief want in life is somebody who shall make us do what we