On Friday 18 July 2003 09:39 am, Net Llama! wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Jul 2003, Keith Antoine wrote:
> > Yougest daughter has cvome back home, do they all do that over the years?
> > She is online sharing from downstairs, in both linux and windows on this
> > machine. All too often she cannot access the web, I reboot and its fine,
> > this is in windows xp on hers and Mandrake for me. I did this earlier and
> > now she tries again and its not connecting, this machine is fine.
> > Something is flaky and it looks like mine.
>
> Keith,
> Just to clarify, the XP box is unable access the web, or the Mandrake box?
> If its linux, can you check /var/log/messages when its dead, and see if
> there are any errors?

The question was rather a hurried one. However to clarify:
My unit is upstairs and has both OS's on, also has the USB/Eth cable modem
installed. Her unit is downstairs and has XP only. I want to check to see
which unit it is thats palaying up, but if I reboot mine it fixes the
problem. Have not as yet tried it in XP/XP combo either for any lenght of
time. Lastly does it happen if left connected or does it happen only if she
closes down ?

Am out most of this morning but will experiment later today and find out some
answers.

--
Keith Antoine (GANDALF) aka 'SKIPPY'
18 Arkana St, The Gap, Queensland 4061, Australia:: PH:61733002161