Tim Wunder wrote:
On 7/31/2003 8:48 AM, someone claiming to be Tom Wilson wrote:

> On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 19:59, Leon A. Goldstein wrote:
> [snip]

>>Actually, I could sure go for a Belgian Rodenbach right now, but the
>>North Carolina Booze Bureaucrats have ruled that I
>>may not buy this delectable brew here.  SCOL!
>>--
>>Leon A. Goldstein

Not being able to buy the beer you want is reason enough to move, AFAIC.
There are plenty of other reasons.  Gotta unload a house in a buyer's market for one.

> So is that why beer is so expensive there?  They have a Booze
> Bureaucracy?  I was in Kill Devil Hills in late June and paid $20 US for
> a case of Miller Lite.  I felt I was stroked.  Now here in Ohio, we

Ick! $20 for Miller Lite! You *were* stroked...
Tourist trap prices.  You could have gotten two cases of Saranac Pale Ale for that.

> drive to Kentucky and get Miller Lite for $12 a case.  And Samuel
> Smith's Oatmeal Stout is only $3.99 a pint.  Mmmmm...
>
> I was going to stop by Red Hat headquarters on my way home from OBX but
> I didn't know where it was in relation.  (My attempt to not drift TID).

Perhaps we should have a [EMAIL PROTECTED] list...
I think we already have one :-)

--
Leon A. Goldstein