On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 06:14:33PM -0400, Leon A. Goldstein wrote:

>   Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
>
>On Thu, 2003-07-31 at 19:53, Bill Campbell wrote:
>
>> I've found that even backwater bars usually have Guiness which is a good
>> fallback.  If they don't have Guiness, I drink ice tea rather than the
>> unrecycled piss that passes for beer there.
>
>I do lots of work in England and it is odd how many Brits in the pub
>will order a Bud (the American variety) and drink it like they enjoy it.
>They must run M$ at home...

>>From what I remember of lukewarm Watney's and Whitbread, that comes as no
>>surprise.  I do recall fondly a Norfolk or Suffolk ale called Adnam's.

The Brits drink their beer warm because they have Lucas refrigerators.

Bill

``It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of
their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or
so incoherent that they cannot be understood.''
    -James Madison, Federalist Paper #62