Quoth collins:
> Andrew Mathews wrote:
>
> >Use a responsible ISP instead? Why should you suffer because they're
> >incompetent? As long as they're the only game in town they don't *have*
> >to bend to meet customer demands. When you start spending your money
> >with someone else, large chunks of material suddenly falls out of their
> >ears and their hearing gets a lot better.
> >
> That presumes you have a choice.  As I stated earlier, there is no high
> speed access choice here.  Even if there were, as soon as I were to

You have a choice, dial-up or broadband access. You just don't get to
choose between broadband ISP A and broadband ISP B.

> switch, all the control freaks who have chimed in would decide that
> there is something wrong with my new isp and block that domain as well.

I'm not a control freak, but I certainly do want to control who has
access to my inbox and my mail server. *I* pay for both, so I get to
"control" both. If I don't want Spammerz 'R Us to have access to may
mail server, I damn well have the option to keep them out.

> If you guys have your way, the average Joe out there will have no way of
> obtaining email access.  Webnazis 'r us.

This thread is officially dead.

Kurt
--
Our policy is, when in doubt, do the right thing.
                -- Roy L. Ash, ex-president Litton Industries