Ok, I have wiped and reloaded SuSE 8.2 on the laptop (You can screw up BIG time if you
configure a kernel and forgot to make modules/install before rebooting).

I used their vsftpd daemon.

rcp FROM my Workstation/Server to the Laptop screams. However
ftp'ing from the Workstation/Server to the Laptop, again results in 10K files
taking 5 seconds or so an 300MB taking over 4 hours. Nctp' or plan ftp'ing
FROM the laptop to any other system, works as should, as well.

It's just that, for SOME REASON, going thru the ftpd on the Laptop, to
upload and it slows to a crawl. Does'nt seem to change no matter which
ftpd service I install - have tried ProFtd, and the BSD ftpd as well.

These services are run thru the tcpd wrapper.

Hell, I even ran SAMBA and export the Laptop's disk and "mounted" it on the
workstation and "copied" to the Samba Share and it works as should.

I am really stumped now.

Net Llama! wrote:
I was referring to something else that moved large amounts of data at a
time.  telnet certainly doesn't, and lprng is kinda hard to measure in
that respect.  What about scp?

--
Ben Duncan   Phone (601)-355-2574     Fax (601)-355-2573   Cell (601)-946-1220
                        Business Network Solutions