Ok, did that. I have been testing some more.

This GETS weird. All files GOING thru the Laptops ftpd services
take about 4 seconds EACH regardless of size.

ie. a 20MB file transfered in 4 seconds, a 20K file - 4 seconds, a 1K file
4 seconds, and a (GET this !!!) 40 BYTE file - 4 seconds.

Now the LARGEST I have played with, has been the 20MB file.

Aaron Grewell wrote:
Wow, this is really a strange one. One suggestion (my apologies if this has already been tried): Run 'iptables -F' on both boxes and try it again, just to be sure it's not firewall-related.

.

--
Ben Duncan   Phone (601)-355-2574     Fax (601)-355-2573   Cell (601)-946-1220
                        Business Network Solutions