On Sat, 2003-10-04 at 06:18, Joel Hammer wrote:
> I need to buy a laptop in the next week for a trip. I don't think I can
> get a laptop loaded with linux during that time so I will likely just get
> an XP machine and either remove XP or dual boot it sometime down the road.
>
> So, my question, any laptop suggestions that would play well with linux?
>
> And, if so, which flavor of linux?
>
> I think I should get a wireless enabled laptop, too.

It doesn't have built-in wireless, but I've been happy with my Compaq
Presario 2170ca, dual-boot Mandrake 9.1/WinXP.  It was about the
cheapest thing on the shelf at Future Shop.

Don't have PCMCIA initialize at boot time though.  It will hang.
I don't know the work-around 'cause I have no PCMCIA devices.

--
Ian Stephen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>