quoth Joel Hammer:

| So, my question, any laptop suggestions that would play well with
| linux?

my top three choices:

1. thinkpad
2. thinkpad
3. used thinkpad

i'm running suse on an old tp-240 and it is the niftiest three-pound
machine on the planet (except for the prototype tp-240s with the crusoe
chip, which are in a closet some place over in armonk and the only
thing that has ever driven me to ponder burglary). thinkpads are simply
tremendous. there is one caveat: ibm has not really figured out
batteries yet, so you want to find a good third-party replacement
battery supplier. i have two long-life third-party batteries for the
240, and i easily get six hours from each, even with disk-intensive
work.
--
dep

in some places, "lawyer" and "liar" are homonyms;
in all places, "lawyer" and "liar" are synonyms.