On Sun, 2003-10-05 at 11:34, Jerry McBride wrote:

> You got  a lot of suggestions on this one, Joel, but no one suggested
> Panasonic. If you are into really working with your notebook, like taking
> them to construction work sites, etc, Panasonic makes a toughbook series that
> is just about indestructable. I saw one demonstrated one time where the sales
> rep slid a closed laptop off a desk onto the concrete apron at poolside. He
> did this over and over again during his sales pitch. At the end of the speech
> he dipped it into the pool and opened... it proceded to boot and work
> perfectly. Try that with your run of the mill laptop... ;')

Yup. A friend of mine who works for the US Army swears that he was at a
Toughbook demo for the military at Fort Bragg, where the Panasonic rep
paused his PowerPoint slide presentation, closed the lid, threw the
laptop out the groundfloor window, where they had a Hummer run over it.
It was then handed back through the same window, where the sales rep
plugged it back into the projector and resumed his presentation where he
left off, hardly breaking stride. The Brigade Commander bought them on
the spot.

Bring money
--
burns