Bill Campbell wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 01:36:41PM -0500, David A. Bandel wrote:
> >reiserfs will work on any partition -- caveat: your kernel must be
> >compiled with reiserfs included (not a module). Then even /boot can be
> >reiserfs.
>
> It would probably be better to have a separate ext2 /boot partition if one
> wants to boot different versions of Linux off the same /boot partition.  We
> do this to avoid any potential 1024 segment problems, sharing /boot amongst
> multiple Linux versions.

I run several different distros on one system (my test system).  /boot
often has two or three different kernels (just in case), but since the
first thing I do is rebuild a kernel after install it's optimized for my
system. I use the same kernel to boot 4 different linux distros (I just
copy /lib/modules/2.4.x to the other distro).  So lilo points to the
same kernel for 4 different distros.  The only difference is the root=
line.  Ext2 is safe, but since my kernel is built with reiserfs built
in, it works OK for me.

Ciao,

David A. Bandel
                -- Nemesis Racing Team motto