On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, Keith Antoine wrote:

> I have a usb compactflash card reader which I have used in windows and I have
> just recompiled a kernel (2.4.7) which also sees it in linux.
>
> usb.c: new device strings: Mfr=1, Product=3, SerialNumber=2
> usb.c: USB device number 3 default language ID 0x409
> Manufacturer: SanDisk Corporation
> Product: ImageMate CompactFlash USB
> SerialNumber: 000000000003
> usb-storage: act_altsettting is 0
> usb-storage: id_index calculated to be: 24
> usb-storage: Array length appears to be: 47
> usb-storage: Vendor: Sandisk
> usb-storage: Product: ImageMate SDDR-31
> usb-storage: USB Mass Storage device detected
> usb-storage: Endpoints: In: 0xd29e7640 Out: 0xd29e7654 Int: 0x00000000
> (Period 0
> )

> scsi1 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices
>   Vendor: SanDisk   Model: ImageMate II      Rev: 1.30
>   Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 02

You're almost there - I have the same device:

Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
usb.c: registered new driver usb-storage
  Vendor: SanDisk   Model: ImageMate II      Rev: 1.30
WARNING: USB Mass Storage data integrity not assured
USB Mass Storage device found at 3
USB Mass Storage support registered.

Now if I look at:

[root@powerbook-cooker root]# cat /proc/scsi/usb-storage-0/0
   Host scsi0: usb-storage
       Vendor: SanDisk Corporation
      Product: ImageMate CompactFlash USB
Serial Number: None
     Protocol: Transparent SCSI
    Transport: Bulk
         GUID: 078100020000000000000000
     Attached: 1

And mount:

[root@powerbook-cooker root]# mount /dev/sda1 -tmsdos /mnt/disk
[root@powerbook-cooker root]# ls /mnt/disk
11-29-00.pdt*  8-2-98.pdt*  ays*         inpout32.zip*  scan/        test*

Flash disks typically are formatted with a DOS filesystem.  This one is
from my HP200LX.

HTH,
Stew Benedict