If you are using the Windose ME box to connect to the cable ISP, you should not have
to worry about your workgroup name. I use Rogers@home and used to have a similar set
up that you describe. With the windows machine, I assigned it the workgroup name of
the internal network I wished to use and configured the external network card to use
DHCP.

To be able to route through the windose machine, you can use the built in Internet
Connection Sharing (which is pitiful) or a third party program such as Nevod 1000. You
can't get Nevod 1000 anymore from a web site. It was bought out by M$. It is a nice
program and works well. I can send you a copy if you wish.

The type of cabling that you use is not important.

Regards,

Wil McGilvery
Manager, Digital Media

Lynch Technologies Inc.