On August 22, 2001 11:32 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Thanks David.  Still waiting for the activation. Yes it is a winme box.
> I should be able to disable everything like you said on the nick for  the
> cable, but keep everything else on the nick for the rest of the home net

Pretty much.... although people will still be able to read your computer name
and workgroup name (no access to any file shares though).

> then?  I only want to use winme to install the dang thing, then switch
> everything over to linux.  I am not looking forward to setting up that
> windoze ICS sharing.

Ah.... shouldn't be too hard.  Should be able to just add ICS and select
which adaptor is lan and which is internet (never done it myself... using
nat32 b/c as of yet I've not got the permission to add in a linux box as
gateway.... although when noone else is around I've swapped the gateway boxen
from time to time).

David Aikema