I am rusty on networking.
I have a thin coaxial cable home network. My son just got a lap
top for school and will be bringing it home from time to time
and needs to hook it up to the home network.  He will need to
access the internet as well as download files, etc.
The laptop has a twisted pair NIC.
What would be the easiest way of hooking this thing into my
network? I imagine putting a second NIC into an easily
accessible computer on the network and hooking them together
directly with a twisted wire would be easy. What would be the
proper name for such a directly connecting twisted wire cable?
I may just go out and get hub and start converting my home
network over to twisted wire instead of thin coax. Does anyone
have experience making this transition?
Any other ideas appreciated.
Joel