On August 25, 2001 06:22 pm, Joel Hammer wrote:

> What would be the easiest way of hooking this thing into my
> network? I imagine putting a second NIC into an easily
> accessible computer on the network and hooking them together
> directly with a twisted wire would be easy. What would be the
> proper name for such a directly connecting twisted wire cable?
> I may just go out and get hub and start converting my home
> network over to twisted wire instead of thin coax. Does anyone
> have experience making this transition?

Here I've had twisted pair cable from the start so I haven't really had to
move over.

I believe that you can get hubs that will have the ability to uplink to coax.
 This would be my reccomendation as it would let you keep your existing
network in place while still being able to connect your son's laptop.  You'd
also be free to move over to twisted pair at any time then.

David Aikema