On Sun, 26 Aug 2001 00:17, Collins Richey orated thus:

> > The statement "mount /dev/hdx"; I am lost here as thats the whole
> > HD and not the partition also its not mounted in /mnt/xxx its
> > /dev/hda7 and /boot. So what is the required statement, for me to
> > change /boot to reiserfs as all the rest are reiserfs. I have the
> > /boot copied to /backup at present.
> >
> > What would happen if I umount /boot amd do a:
> > mount -t reiserfs -o notail /dev/hda7 /boot ??
>
> Yes, I meant something like /dev/hda7 as in your command, which
> looks correct.  The point is, if your /boot partition is reiserfs
> and if you ever mounted it without the -o notail option (including
> via fstab entry) and created any files, grub will have problems
> with it because the files are created with tailing (see a reiserfs
> writeup for explanation).
>
> This is getting way off topic for your current problem, which is
> with Lilo.  You might post your lilo.conf file for others to
> comment on.

Errm, forgot to say I do not use lilo, intensely dislike it, I use GRUB.
<|;-0 I did in  another post include my /boot/grub/menu.lst, and I gather
that i also have to put in reiserfs -o notail in the fstab too then ??

To make yourself look truthful one has to lie, as most people
do not want to kmow the truth; but only that which they believe.