On the Time & Dates tab, you need to click on the ? button by the minimize
and close button in the upper right then click on the appropriate box in the
window.  This will give you a list of formatting codes that can be used.
I've noticed that %I (capital i) and %l (lower case L)are very close, notice
the spacing between the percent and the letter.  To see the changes you will
need to logout and log back into KDE.

Jim

--

 10:42am  up 5 days, 17:42,  2 users,  load average: 0.12, 0.17, 0.13