On Wednesday 12 September 2001 0:19 am, dep wrote:
> ah. in recent years i've flown out of HPN. danbury is just too weird,
> though the restaurant is very good.

Weird is right...   I can tell many a story of rainy nights circling that
mother, or drilling down thru the 'hole' that always seemed to exist right
over the airport.   Remember all of the accidents there including the guy who
tried to 'drill' a hole through the mountain on final approach to  26.
Didn't work out too well.

HPN was usually my alternate.