On Wednesday 19 December 2001 01:07, Tony Alfrey enunciated:

> > I thought Skippy went through this not long ago, can you not d/l a
> > pre compiled binary version to run?  Or am I inventing memories?
>
> I think you are absolutely correct; I remember the long thread and I'm
> loathe to go dig it up.  I'm hoping for a summary of the right
> solution.  I loaded the rpm but I'm getting failed dependencies for
> libraries that I know I have so I'm stuck.

Libraries are the most often problematical when loading rpms because the rpm
is in many cases not for that distribution. So whats happening is that the
rpm , probably for RH, is looking in one place and the distro is storing the
lib in another. So you have to EXPORT the PATH statement, which is something
that I always forget how to do. So I normally enter the path into
/etc/ld.so.conf; do not forget also to always call "ldconfig -v" after
playing with or installing libs.

--
Keith Antoine aka 'skippy'
18 Arkana St, The Gap, Queensland 4061 Australia PH:61733002161