On Wednesday 19 December 2001 06:21 pm,Keith Antoine wrote:
<snip>
> > On Monday 17 December 2001 09:24 pm,Keith Antoine wrote:
> > <snip>
> >
> > > Many newer rpms will not work with that version 3.6 is the least
> > > theey work with.

<snip>

> As I said  the other day add the paths to /etc/ld.so.conf and then
> call ldconfig -v.

I got this the other day and didn't know exactly what you meant.  Add
the path to the library that rpm doesn't know about??
The library is in /lib along with 10 gazillion libraries.
1.  Do I add JUST /lib/<missing-lib> or the whole nine yards of /lib ??
2.  How the f#$k does anything know about the libraries in /lib if they
are not included in this /ld.so.conf file?
3.  If I add the path, then run ldconfig -v, then install the rpm, can
I then undo what I did to /ld.so.conf ??

This is a useful trick if it works since I'm sure I'll run into this
problem again with some other rpm.

Thanks

--
Tony Alfrey