Net Llama wrote:

> --- Declan Moriarty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Was it Net Llama who wrote on Sunday 06 January 2002 22:05:
> > external
> > winmodem).
> > >
> > > Please don't tell that to the real modem in my box that has been
> > happily
> > > using COM3 for about 9 months.
> >
> > I won't. I imagine that it can also be configured as com 1 or com 2;
>
> Trust me, i tried every bit of setserial magic that i could find.  It
> absolutely refuses to work on COM1 or COM2.  BTW, its a 56k USR PCI modem.

You wouldn't have a model number for this thing would you?  My new
machine has only PCI slots and my old reliable 56k modem is ISA.

I either need to track down a good PCI internal or a 56k external...one
or the other.  I'm looking for what's worked for others and so on. It's
not a pressing item, so I've not spent much time figuring out what's a
winmodem and what isn't.
--
Linux SxS [http://sxs.webhop.net]