Thanks. That did the trick. @HOME was expecting a hostname.
I am a bit puzzled by the startup scripts. I don't know what to put into
the ifcfg-eth1 script for the dynamic parameter. So, in my usual style,
I just ripped out all the fancy garbage (That is, stuff I can't
understand) in the network startup script and configured everything
manually. Here are the three lines required to configure the network
interface. These begin with the eth1 interface down.

/sbin/dhcpcd -d -h cc641790-a eth1
. /var/run/dhcpcd-eth1.info
/sbin/route add -net default gw $GATEWAY eth1

This doesn't do anything about name resolution, I THINK. (I don't have
a clue about what happens to the /etc/hosts file, if anything.)  Hard to
be sure, since the old and the new servers are still the same. We don't
switch over for a couple more days.

Joel