dhcpcd creates a file /etc/resolv.conf.dhcp. This has the appropriate
info in it. I suppose the best thing would be to create a symbolic link
from it to resolv.conf. I am not sure if renaming this file would be a
good thing, since dhcpcd is supposed to notify you or call a script if the
dynamically assigned IP is changed. I suppose this file and the second file
dhcpcd creates, /etc/resolv.dhcp.sv, are used to monitor the ip number.
Joel