Hi,

At Fri, 26 Jan 2001 22:27:31 +0100,
Bram Moolenaar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Hmm, it is too bad...  I hope *BSD will soon have nl_langinfo().
>
> Many things for multi-byte support come as an optional in FreeBSD.  There is
> probably a package I should install.  Still, many people will not have that
> package and want to use Vim anyway.

You may be interested in CITRUS project ( http://citrus.bsdclub.org/ )
though I don't know at all about the project.

The web page says that one of the aim of the project is to implement
locale/iconv stuffs for *BSD to conform to ISO C/SUSV2, which I think
includes nl_langinfo().  Am I right?

The web page also introduces a mailing list.  Though the public language
for the mailing list is Japanese, I think you can consult with the web
page writer or so.

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://surfchem0.riken.go.jp/~kubota/