Hi,

At Mon, 29 Jan 2001 11:55:49 -0800 (PST),
Ienup Sung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Also, as I pointed out so many times in Xutf*() discussions,
> I also think and believe that each user has freedom of choosing whatever
> codeset and locale that he or she wants to use with his/her applications
> that nobody dare can dictate and we also shouldn't force them to choose
> any one codeset/locale.

Yes, I fully agree with this point.  Then why do you think as below?

> The "much better" in that context was the client programs won't need to
> do any iconv(3) stuff if your input and output will be only in UTF-8.

I think there must not any software which can work only with UTF-8,
because such a software is bad one, just as 8bit-only softwares or
EUC-only softwares are bad.

Thus, we need not think about softwares whose I/O will be only in UTF-8.

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://surfchem0.riken.go.jp/~kubota/
"Introduction to I18N"