On Mon, Jan 29, 2001 at 11:55:49AM -0800, Ienup Sung wrote:
> Also, as I pointed out so many times in Xutf*() discussions,
> I also think and believe that each user has freedom of choosing whatever
> codeset and locale that he or she wants to use with his/her applications
> that nobody dare can dictate and we also shouldn't force them to choose
> any one codeset/locale.

I think this is mighty retoric, for something that most people don't care
about. Most people want programs to support the languages they need and
to be able to interact with others, probably using the same language.
Whatever supports that goal in a way that's feasible and hopefully simple
for the programmers, is what should be used.

--
David Starner - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
-