Hi,

At Thu, 10 Jan 2002 13:15:06 +0100,
Kent Karlsson wrote:

> > For reference of glyph, I am using
> > http://www.unicode.org/cgi-bin/GetUnihanData.pl?codepoint=f9b1
> > and so on.
>
> I think that is confusing the matter more than necessary.
> *Unfortunately*, what one gets when using the above is not
> up to the image (glyph) quality that the Unicode consortium
> usually maintains.  Please refer to:

Can you point any concrete example of confusion?  So far
the low-resolution image which I suggested has been enough
for this thread.  For example, I think hpa and I had a
fruitful discussion about difference between "handwriting"
and "printing" characters of Japanese.  I suggested to use
a common reference because Unicode is a _character_ code,
not a _glyph_ code.  We are discussing about _glyph_, so
we have to confirm we are talking about a common glyph,
which cannot be achieved by pointing Unicode codepoint.

> 2. The 10646-1:2000 charts, which for the Han characters have up
>       to 5 reference glyphs (there are plans to use just one
>       reference glyph for the next edition, just as already
>       done for the Unicode standard, as well as 10646-2:2001).

I don't have (2).  I hope there are some freely-referencable
charts of (2) or equivalents....  (Unicode Consortium supplied
such a page before.  I don't know why they stopped to serve
the pages.  Now there are less and less sources for non-CJK
people to know what is Han Unification.)

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/
"Introduction to I18N"  http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/intro-i18n/