>> It works around the USB errors by
>> retrying control requests up to three times.
>
>> +               if(ret >= 0 || ret != -EPIPE)
>> +                       break;
>
> Thank you for your work. The only question is what happens when ret ==
> ETIMEOUT ? The camera usually becomes unaccessable after this error

Good question ... The only computer I can currently test it on doesn't
seem to give me the ETIMEDOUT error at all. If you experience ETIMEDOUT,
what happens if you retry in that case, too?

Other errors that were reported to occur are EOVERFLOW and EPROTO but
those are pretty rare and therefore more difficult to test.

Cheers,
Martin