> Good question ... The only computer I can currently test it on doesn't
> seem to give me the ETIMEDOUT error at all. If you experience ETIMEDOUT,
> what happens if you retry in that case, too?
>
> Other errors that were reported to occur are EOVERFLOW and EPROTO but
> those are pretty rare and therefore more difficult to test.

So, my look at this problem. Sometimes, when trying to change controls, camera
reports -32 (-EPIPE) error.  -110 (-ETIMEDOUT) error occurs after some
numbers of -EPIPE, and leaves the camera in locked state. Martin, please tell
me, what do you think about applying your patch and so called "reset patch"
simultaneously? E.g. try to resubmit command to camera if it failed with -32
and reset camera if it failed with -110. I can try to create combined patch
and it can be less ugly solution that "reset patch", but more stable than
simple resubmitting of a control message.

Regards, Evgeny