Hey Vidar,

Could you try changing the line that reads

if(ret >= 0 || ret != -EPIPE)

if(ret >= 0 || (ret != -EPIPE && ret != -ETIMEDOUT))

to see if the camera recovers from error -110 (ETIMEDOUT) in the same way
as it does from -32 (EPIPE)?

I don't know much about store return policies but from my past experience
some shops are pretty nice about that. Especially if you pretend to be an
unexperienced user and tell them that "the camera just doesn't work". ;-)
Anyway, we're obviously trying our best to come up with something that
will save you from returning your camera.

Cheers,
Martin