Hi Martin,

Martin Rubli wrote:
 >> That sounds neat .. I had a go at trying this, but I ran into a few
 >> problems.
 >> The patch applied without problems, but I couldn't get bayer.c to
 >> compile.
 >> I used fswebcam to set the control (which seems to work) and dump the
 >> frame, but all I've managed to get so far is a nasty pattern that's
sore
 >> on the eyes:
 >> http://www.firestorm.cx/files/bayer/
 >> I'm running a QuickCam Fusion at 1280x960. The image should be almost
 >> totally black. (The camera is in a box at the other end of town :-)
 >
 > What was the error you got when you tried to compile bayer.c?

Attached below. I was able to get it built by #define'ing the controls
directly in bayer.c.

Your bayer app seems to have kickstarted something - fswebcam is now
able to dump the data fine, and I'm getting a proper image. The strage
thing is that now I can't reproduce the original problem. I've tried
everything but unplugging the camera, and I'll try that later today.

Thanks for your help!

-Phil

----------
$ gcc bayer.c -o bayer
In file included from uvcvideo.h:8,
                  from bayer.c:21:
uvc_compat.h:4:40: error: missing binary operator before token "("
uvc_compat.h:18:40: error: missing binary operator before token "("
uvc_compat.h:37:40: error: missing binary operator before token "("
uvc_compat.h:53:35: warning: trigraph ??) ignored, use -trigraphs to enable
uvc_compat.h:59:40: error: missing binary operator before token "("
uvc_compat.h:70:23: error: asm/mutex.h: No such file or directory
uvc_compat.h:73:40: error: missing binary operator before token "("
uvc_compat.h:117:40: error: missing binary operator before token "("