On Fri, 08 Dec 2006 14:55:38 +0100, Philip Heron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Attached below. I was able to get it built by #define'ing the controls
> directly in bayer.c.

Yes, that makes sense. Sorry, I guess it wasn't obvious that you would
need the UVC header files to compile it. I added instructions to the
latest version (attached; code is the same). Please make sure you use at
least r72 of the driver, there were some issues with inclusion from user
space before that.

> Your bayer app seems to have kickstarted something - fswebcam is now
> able to dump the data fine, and I'm getting a proper image. The strage
> thing is that now I can't reproduce the original problem. I've tried
> everything but unplugging the camera, and I'll try that later today.

All the settings that the bayer tool makes are forgotten if the camera is
unplugged, so that should help. Let us know if you find the source of the
confusion. Might be worth documenting ...

Cheers,
Martin