On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 9:46 AM, Roberto A. Foglietta
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  AFAIK in italy only 1000H is available, I cited it just because the price
>
>  7"/4G/512Mb costs  299 euros
>  9"/20G/1G costs      399
>  10"/160G/1G costs   449 (*)
>
>  (*) SSD version is rated 100$/euros more than the HD one.

I am thinking about buying one 2.5" SSD separately, and found a very
good performance/price ratio in 32 Go Core Series S-ATA II (144
euros). I would prefer to equip a cheaper HD laptop with an extra
bigger and more powerful SSD that costs about 144 euros minus the sale
of the brand new original HD.

>  Frankly I think I will sell my Asus 701 before Christmas and I will
> try to buy a 901 after c.
>  ;-)

I would say: you were wrong at buying your 701 if you now plan to replace it !
A 7" screen is designed for dedicated use (as a tool for hiking, as a
sedentary machine (coupled with desktop big screen and keyboard) that
is removed everyday for security issue, for medic coming at patient
home with his agenda/dedicated softs and so on). It is NOT a screen to
be used, unless you have strong reasons to require very small size. I
am sure that lots of people bought it for bad reasons, since they have
no professional requirements.

I personnaly want a machine to use -mostly at home, but sometime
outside- everyday. I always use a computer with different windows in
the same time, switching them quickly, I mean, I am not using it like
my grandfather. I don't want to be frustrated by two scrolling bars,
unreadable web sites and headache that would make the machine useless
in the end. (Moreover I don't have to carry it in my handbag everyday
:))

I tried the 701 in my bed, launching compilation in a terminal,
chatting on irc, browsing web pages with music in the air. It was
frustrating. Not only the screen but the keyboard too. To much time
lost in scrolling, even in reading mails on gmail.com, a bad
experience. The only good usage I had was watching TV in the bed
through vlc with headset (to let her sleep).

IMHO, >=10" or nothing for heavy usage.

N1c0

Diffusez cette liste aupres de vos relations :)
     Linux Azur : http://linux-azur.org
L'auteur du post est responsable de ses écrits !
*** Pas de message SMS, HTML ni de PJ SVP ***

Répondre à