On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 8:48 AM, Jason Childs <
obliv...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Hi Ping,
>
> I'm attaching a tar.bz2 of 17 patches that capture the changes I've done
> over the last three days.  I started a git repository with the base
> 0.8.5-9 source from sourceforge, so some of the patches will look
> useless as I changed stuff along the way. Also is there a change to get
> the git repository on sourceforge working so I can sync up without
> having to keep rebaselining off of the development archives? I tried to
> to a clone and it gives me a empty repository.

We didn't plan to port the current linuxwacom from CVS to git.  There were
two reasons for this decision:

1.   As you know, we don't have resource to do so;

2.   We are in the process of changing the existing linuxwacom structure.
Future linuxwacom git repository will have separate trees for X.Org and
kernel Wacom drivers. This offers an easy way to split the workload among
developers and hopefully a clean model that is easy to maintain.  Therefore,
porting the existing structure to git doesn't gain much for a "dying"
support. That's what we thought.

However, since you asked, I think it may not be a bad idea to port the
current CVS to git to make you guys life easier.

I have to see what the others think before making a decision since I won't
be the one who is going to setup and maintain the repo.... for sure :).

At this point the patch gets the Bamboo P&T touch working with capacity,

relative mode, single click, and two finger gestures.  Unfortunately the
> pad buttons had to go.  They are sharing the same channel as the second
> finger and mess up the proximity reading for it.  Other than that, I

Let MAX_CHANNELS = MAX_FINGERS + 2 might be a solution (ha, I am making
suggestions again :).

> think everything has been incorporated, including changes to
> wacomcpl-exec.

Great.  Thank you.

> Touch is at about 80% (a lot better than it was), but now the pad
> buttons are disabled.  I figured I'd send these out for review and maybe
> get some ideas on ways to implement fixes.  Once thing

I like this idea. 17 patches will take some of my spare time to digest.

I'm considering
> to get three finger gesture support and the pad buttons working again is
> adding more channels ( up to 4 ) for the other inputs.  I was planning
> on making these different serial numbers, but that would change the
> current protocol so I did try to implement that until it was discussed.
>
> Let me know what you think.

I should listen instead of think, I think :).

Ping