On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 11:28:07 +0100, Jerome Vernet wrote
> Guido Deiana a écrit :
> > On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 10:06:00 +0100, Jerome Vernet wrote
>

> > Hi Jerome,
> > just work on the other side of the circuit board. Use a solder and take the
> > pin 9
and
> > 20 out of the board. It's immediate and this way you can restore the
> > connections
> > anytime.
> It look hard to remove the board to access the other side. I though
> about it, but removing the pin by desoldering it look hard.
>
> If macmomi confirm that I just have to cut the track from PIN 9 to RJ4
> and PIN 20 to RJ5, i will do that, much more easy. The macplus from wich
> I take it is dead, so I can kill the drive too...

The easy way, for me, was to insert a small screwdriver between the pins (on
the other
side) and, after to have applied the hot point of the solder on the 9 and 20
pin's
hole, just taked out these pins from the holes.

> What happen if I plug the drive without that ? Kill the Lisa ? Doesn't
> work at all ?

With the pins 9 and 20 inserted the 800K drive will continue infinitly to try
to eject
the floppy.

> If it's working (I hope !!!!), the next problem is to fine a way to
> mount it in the Lisa drive bay, facing the eject mechanics of the drive
> to the Lisa disk hole. I have the MacPlus drive bay, look like it can
> fit (some holes to do, perhaps).

I've used some cylindric spacers but the best wayit to get somewhere the cage
supplied
by SunRem for this upgrade. If you want I can check he exact dimentions of
these
spacers.

Guido

> Jerome