Hi all,

A few thoughts on the charter after going through the latest revision and the
discussion on this thread.

* We have a milestone for LCAFbis, but LCAF is not mentioned in the work items.
Is LCAF supposed to be covered by the “Standards Track Documents” work item?
Same for DDT. If so, I would mention them as examples of possible “Standards
Track Documents”. Also, I agree with Padma that we should extend the work item
to include “language to cover incremental features, behaviors and
specifications”.

* I think the external connectivity work item could be generalized to cover
both the external-connectivity draft as well as any other work adjacent to
6832, for instance something like:

“LISP Internetworking: [RFC6832] defines the Proxy ETR element, to be used to
connect LISP sites with non-LISP sites. However, LISP deployments could benefit
from more advanced internetworking, for instance by defining mechanism to
discover such external connectivity.”

* Similar comment for TE. I think we could be more general, something like:

“Traffic Engineering and LISP: Specifics on how to do traffic engineering on
LISP deployments could be useful, for instance some use cases…”

* On the milestones section, I think LCAFbis could be done much sooner. Also, I
agree with Dino we should have name-encoding sooner as well (this is partly my
fault, I’m halfway on my shepherds writeup, will try to close on that).

* Based on the discussion on San Francisco, it is not entirely clear to me the
consensus of the WG regarding “Submitting a LISP Applicability document to the
IESG”. Would it be possible to leave this milestone somehow more open?

I’m also planning to send a PR on GitHub with some editorial comments.

Thanks,
Alberto