On 06-Feb-99 Dr Eberhard W Lisse wrote:
>  Even Michael Sondow who has been as vocal in criticizing you two as I
>  but on a different level has signed off on it on behalf of the ICIIU.

It should also be pointed out the Mr Sondow was one of the most vocal supporters
of the DNSO.org process, even to the point of attacking those who criticized the
process.  Mr Sondow only relatively recently began criticizing the DNSO.org, I
suspect because he saw that a lot of what was being said about DNSO.org's
leadership was true.  For someone who was such a proud and loud supporter of
the DNSO.org to have now endorsed a different draft speaks volumes.

I myself at first supported the DNSO.org process, and encouraged people to give
them the benefit of the doubt, and even criticized those who immediately jumped
to conclusions because it was a CORE/ITU sponsored process.  I praised what I
saw were attempts to be truly representative. I supported it after Barcelona
and even after Monterrey.  But the leadership (self appointed) betrayed the
process, and those of us who gave them the benefit of the doubt and encouraged
others to do so.  The closed nature of the document drafting processes began to
throw out warning signs to those of us who recognized them for what they were.

At one point DNSO.org could claim the support of a rather nice number of ccTLD
administrators.  Now they even lack that.

For those who see some of us posting nothing but bad about the DNSO.org, let me
remind you that most of us were supporters of the DNSO.org process at one
point, and became disenchanted when the leadership betrayed us, and created
instead a closed and unaccountable process that has lead to their current draft.

E-Mail: William X. Walsh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 06-Feb-99
Time: 03:46:03
"We may well be on our way to a society overrun by hordes
of lawyers, hungry as locusts."
- Chief Justice Warren Burger, US Supreme Court, 1977