Cutting things down a bit in an attempt to have pity on your in-box:

 In a public reply to your request, Einar Stefferud of ORSC said:

> Ask Esther for the complete collection of all her mail to the net and
> read it all for tone and read it between the lines and ask yourself if
> you think she is genuainely interested in the discussion, or just
> trying to shut it down as soon as possible?  This is my hypthesis, and
> if in your judgement, after researching them all, you find that I am
> off base, please inform me and the rest of the net of your evaluation.

Actually, the real problem may  not be Esther.  I think itt is the
impression we get from *all* of the people speaking for ICANN (Mike
Roberts in his interim role, the BoD declarations and participation
(or not) on various lists and... and how Esther's comments layer over
the top of it).  To be fair (and to fix whatever problem ther may be)
her words alone should not be taken out of context.

Dan Steinberg

SYNTHESIS:Law & Technology
35, du Ravin
Box 532, RR1            phone: (613) 794-5356
Chelsea, Quebec         fax:   (819) 827-4398
J0X 1N0                 e-mail:[EMAIL PROTECTED]