Jay and all,

Jay Fenello wrote:

> [cc: list edited]
>
> At 1/10/99, 01:15 AM, Michael Sondow wrote:
> >Einar Stefferud a écrit:
> >> So, we would appreciate it if you would belay your crusade of making
> >> false statements about what ORSC is or is not doing.
> >
> >I made no false statements. The ORSC is attending a closed meeting from
> >which the end-users and others have been excluded, after claiming to
> >repudiate closed processes. The ORSC has the choice to refuse to go and
> >demand that the meeting(s) in Washington be open. If you don't do this, it
> >must be because you are looking for your advantage, despite the fact that
> >others, myself included, are being denied the chance to participate.
>
> Hi Michael,
>
> Before I describe where I agree with you, let
> me describe where we disagree.  You appear to
> believe that every single meeting in an open
> process must be open.
>
> I believe that there *can* be closed meetings
> in an open process, if they are part of a *fair*
> process.  And while I expect to learn more about
> this closed meeting before it actually occurs,
> until I know otherwise, I will assume that it
> is part of a fair process.  That's why I am
> currently planning on attending.

  Yes Jay you are correct in saying that there can be closed
meetings in a fair open process.  But under these circumstances,
in that the DNSO is not even really formed yet, this circumstance
does not meet reasonable criterion for a CLOSED meeting on
Jan 21st to occur, first of all.  Secondly, as WE (INEGroup) along
with several others that have submitted bylaw proposals and have
also been part of this process, from the beginning, seem to be
excluded attending or appointing anyone from our group (INEGroup)
to attend.