At 01:45 AM 1/10/99 -0500, Michael Sondow wrote:
>Dave Crocker a écrit:
>>
>> At 04:49 PM 1/9/99 -0500, Dave Farber wrote:
>>
>> > I have stayed out of this for a while recovering from the trial.
>> > We are drug pushers. We tout our technology but don't ever use it. What
>> > is wrong with live mbone, real video, real audio -- pick your poison, so
>> > all can at least attend the meetings if not the coffee breaks. If you
>> > tell me it is no god and does not work , may I quote you to the NY Times
>> > in an article about the smashing of the hope for the Internet :-)
>> >
>> > So why not??!!
>>
>> Because they don't work well enough in the current Internet.
>>
>> Let's be a little careful about demanding immediate, large-scale,
>> production use of technologies that, at best, are currently useful only as
>> demonstrations.
>
>Are these two writing in some sort of code, or are they just both ready for
>the looney bin?

They were speaking symbolically, each symbol being heavily over-loaded in
technical terms, which, if translated into terms familiar to you, a
non-technical user, would probably fill a book-shelf with the required
background material. Each paragraph alone could be the basis for a
technical paper.
Roeland M.J. Meyer -
e-mail:                                      mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Internet phone:                                hawk.lvrmr.mhsc.com
Personal web pages:             http://staff.mhsc.com/~rmeyer
Company web-site:                           http://www.mhsc.com
I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing...
                -- Thomas Jefferson